Error 123: This account has not been given the permissions required for this request.
02/02/2022 17:03 PM
Response Reason Code: 123
Response Reason Text: This account has not been given the permissions required for this request.
NOTES: The transaction request must include the API Login ID associated with the payment gateway account.
This error indicates that a user's personal Login ID is being used to connect a website or soluton to the payment gateway.For example, if an Account Owner, Account Administrator, Transaction Manager, or Account Analyst login ID is used for website or software implementation, this error will occur. Personal login IDs may not be used to connect to Authorize.Net, for security reasons.
To resolve this issue, the API Login ID and Transaction Key will need to be generated and added to your software's configuration, so that the website or software may connect to Authorize.Net properly.
To obtain the API Login ID:
- Log into your Merchant Interface.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left-side menu.
- Click API Credentials & Keys.
- If an API Login ID has already been generated, it will be visible here. If an API Login ID needs to be generated, you must enter the answer to your Secret Question in order to see the API Login ID.
Was this article helpful?