Reactivate a Suspended Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) Subscription
02/02/2022 17:05 PM
To reactivate a suspended subscription:
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net/.
- Click Recurring Billing in the main left side menu.
- Click Search ARB Subscriptions.
- Enter details to help you find the subscription.
- Click Search.
- Click the Subscription ID in the far left column.
- On the Subscription Detail page, click the Edit Subscription link.
- Enter any necessary modifications.
- Click Reactivate Subscription at the bottom of the page.
Note: Subscriptions with a status of Canceled, Terminated or Expired cannot be reactivated.
Credit card subscriptions can be suspended as a result of authorization or processing errors as well as Address Verification Service (AVS) or Card Code Verification (CCV) rejections. If the subscription experiences internal errors, recurring transactions will be re-tried until they are successfully processed.
Because eCheck.Net® transactions are processed by a separate network from credit cards and are not authorized or declined in real time, eCheck.Net subscriptions are not typically suspended or terminated by the payment gateway. Accordingly, it is highly recommended that you monitor your eCheck.Net subscriptions regularly for returns or notices of change in order to resolve any processing issues and successfully maintain your eCheck.Net subscriptions.
Note: Suspended subscriptions must be reactivated before the next scheduled transaction occurs. Otherwise, the subscription will be terminated unless you have Automatic Retry enabled within your account, in which case the subscription will remain in a suspended state until it is reactivated. For more information please see Automatic Retry Recurring Billing Feature FAQ.
Was this article helpful?